What does success mean? The accomplishment of an aim or a purpose.
While you travel on the road to success here are some steps you can take.
- Discover what motivates you…What are some things that inspire or energize you?
- Find your passion and purpose…What are some dreams you have?
- Asses your gifts and talents…What are some things that you are good at and like to do?
- Set short and long term goals…Set one-year, three-year and five-year goals. Write down what you need to do to accomplish that goal.
- Expect obstacles and failures…What are some things that could get in your way from reaching your goals and dreams as you travel through life?
- Stay focused and positive…What are some ways to stay motivated and keep you on track?
- Communicate with others…Find those that you can easily talk with about your goals and dreams.
- Ask for help when needed…Find people that you can rely on to be encouraging and helpful in your time of need.
- Organize yourself…List ways to keep things orderly.
- Find balance…Find ways to keep things properly proportioned.
- Believe in yourself…Stay confident in yourself and your abilities.
- Listen to others…Think of ways that you can just be still and listen to what others are saying without getting frustrated.
- Avoid Life’s temptations and drama…What are some behaviors or things that you do that could lead you away from reaching your success.
- Be self-regulated…How can you keep your impulses in check?
- Network with others…Write down all the connected, kind and influential people you know or would like to know.
- Never stop learning…List the degrees or certifications that you would like to one day obtain. It’s always healthy to consistently look for ways to learn. What are some ways you could be a lifelong learner?
- Always be thankful…How can you show gratitude to others?
- Help others reach their goals so they can help you reach yours…Write down ways you can serve others.
- Make the right choices…What are 3 choices that you could make that would affect your life in a positive way.
- Seek to surround yourself with smart successful people…Who are people that are successful and smart that you could be around or who are those you would like to be around.
- Stay out of debt and live on a budget…How can you keep your finances on track. List ways to keep on track and how to achieve those goals.
When it comes to relationships it’s important to be in a healthy spot yourself before you can have a healthy relationship. Take time to write down your goals and dreams. Look through the list of steps to discover your purpose and how you can accomplish them throughout your journey called Life.
- Millennials are much more likely to flourish financially if they follow the “success sequence”—getting at least a high school degree, working full-time, and marrying before having any children, in that order.
- While 55 percent of 28- to 34-year-old millennial parents had their first child before marriage, the vast majority of millennials who married before having any children are now steering clear of poverty and appear to be headed toward realizing the American dream. Additionally, 95 percent of millennials who married first are not poor, compared to 72 percent who had children first.
- Even millennials from low-income families are more likely to flourish if they married before having children: 71 percent who married before having children made it into the middle or higher end of the income distribution by the time they are age 28–34. By comparison, only 41 percent of millennials from lower-income families who had children first made it into the middle or higher end of the distribution when they reached ages 28–34.